Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Unshackle

There is something horribly wrong about spending a large chunk of one's day on a computer as opposed to society-oriented work like film-making or reviewing art forms, but not something like cold-calling or boring marketing...
The glory of life is so easily shut out under numbing conditions like succumbing to a work-life. The pursuit of money and of filling up a day with something that is meant to be meaningful (and which very often isn't) may ruin me which is why I take steps to think rationally (something I hope I'm good at but am sure most are not).
Knowing what work can be in a place like Bombay, it pains me to see so many people enslaved, ignorant of the raw beauty of meeting somebody new or seeing something new or at least something different.
It is so easy (as I have seen myself there) to get engaged in a mundane activity which bears no real fruit - but in that moment, it means a lot. "I'm learning" or "I'm getting paid for this" or "I have to do this quickly so my boss is not unhappy with me".
I miss my vacation. It's time for another trip. Going next Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment